Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
taste the strawberry sunscreen
see what it's like to be loved
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
to be alone, to be in love or to just be worth it?
awards
78 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 18:57:36 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","portnight"]
[attr="class","body"]

Porter hadn’t been here when the Silent Icelands had been… created, for lack of a better term. He found it bittersweet. On the one hand, something happening that was so drastic, that affected the ecological climate so adversely, was a new kind of tragedy. On the other, it would have been a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence that would have been pretty cool to live through.
[break][break]
Despite his distance whilst it was happening, he got to deal with more than his fair share of the fallout. It was one of the more grunty Ranger tasks he’d gotten shouldered with, wandering around collecting soot and clearing away ash so that the native plantlife could begin to grow back. It was long hours of hard, tedious work, and his only solace was he’d gotten paired with once again.
[break][break]
“Were you around when this happened?” he asked, the eternal optimist in him resisting the urge to bemoan their drawing of the short straw.

[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – ashen anomaly

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".portnight"]--accent:#50B2C0;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 14:55:58 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
kolya tells saskia that sometimes she is not very attentive and does not listen to others' needs. he should be proud of her now because when she realized she was going to get paired with porter, she remembered how much he seemed to hate oleg's whole, like, existence, so she told the little alien he's too much, man and pulled him back into his ball.

so it's kirin that joins her today, which is helpful anyway because the rangers have some equipment on site to help haul away all of this stinky freaking soot.

she doesn't mind the work, really. there aren't a whole lot of things she minds.  but it's exhausting and it's hard to breathe, even with the masks on, and it's hot and her eyes won't stop stinging. 

"no," she says, sidling a little closer because apparently she can mumble sometimes and it's hard to hear behind the protective garb over her face. "i was napping actually. crazy to think. napping while your champion dies in a volcano.

"did you ever meet him? kyle?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
78 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 16:22:17 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As they went about their task and took small solace in each other’s company, Porter found himself missing her weird, little alien. Olaf, had it been? He was cute. Just not when he was echoing Porter’s embarrassing noises back at him like some demonic answering machine.
[break][break]
It was kind of crazy, but Porter didn’t want to say it; Sasky had pointed it out, anyway. But then he did a rubber-band head snap and blinked through sooty gray teartracks on his face.
[break][break]
“Wait. Dies? What do you mean, dies?!”
[break][break]
He thinks he knew, somewhere, that the Champion-- Kyle-- had died. But these people were all... figures, to him. Like celebrities. Almost not real. And so it takes Saskia connecting the dots, connecting to this famous, dead man with a name, to make the lightbulb go off in his head.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – ashen anomaly

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".portnight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portnight .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2024 23:35:29 GMT
"wahhhh?" she manages, blinking owlishly. a stray tear trickles out from the corner of her eye, but that's just because of the soot. she wipes at it annoyedly and struggles to sort out an emotion on her face. 

it's kind of like hearing that ryan reynolds died except maybe it's a little less sad. 

"yeah. i mean, i guess i only know 'cause of my papa, but he got eaten by a volcano or something. and that's what made all this soot even worse." she butts him on the shoulder, ignoring the aching exhaustion and the heat. "that's why i'm happy doing clean-up, you know? nooo pressure."
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
78 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 18:40:27 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasky makes a noise at her like his baby Happiny does when he wakes her up from her nap. It’s cute. He hides his smile behind the palm of his hand, smudging soot from his mouth.
[break][break]
(Easy for you to say, Saskia. This author is going to WEEP when Ryan Reynolds dies.)
[break][break]
“Eaten… by a volcano?” Porter says, stuck in stunned confusion as she bops him lightly. His eyes flick upwards towards the falling soot.
[break][break]
He pinches the bridge of his nose and spreads soot between his freckles.
[break][break]
“What the hell is happening in this region.”
[break][break]
It is not a question.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – ashen anomaly

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 20:32:09 GMT
"i don't really keep track," she answers honestly. "just kinda see stuff on insta and amigo and stuff." 

kirin nickers and saskia wipes some soot from her snout, looking in dismay at how dirtied her white coat is getting. bathing her is a whole production just because of how dang big she is, but sasky knows if she complains enough, kolya will help her. 

"so i guess you never met him," she goes on. "i think maybe only one person i know ever met him. i hear he loves - loved - dogs. do you like dogs?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
78 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
terra nova [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 15:51:27 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

He kind of just looks at her, for a minute, because it is starting to sink in to him that he is way out of his depth. He came to Hoenn to do research and help a region that seemed, from the outside, to be somewhat in need of environmental guidance. Maybe some gentle, but firm, voices could change some policies and, in doing so, change the trajectory of the region.
[break][break]
But it was so much worse than that. Hoenn wasn’t just suffering a little-- it was suffering a lot, and it was, it seemed, less like a mildly mismanaged environment and more of a Persian toy being batted around by the claws of whimsical gods.
[break][break]
He let his head fall back and looked up at the sky, where the ash-- apparently, possibly, maybe the extended, scattered remains of this -- continued to fall.
[break][break]
“I do like dogs,” he said quietly. “Do you?”

TAGS [break]
NOTES – ashen anomaly

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS